NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Colorado WR Paul Richardson
|04.24.14 at 5:22 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 175 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-Pac-12
What he brings: Richardson is an athletic specimen with blazing speed and reliable hands, highlighted by 4.40 40-yard dash time at the NFL combine. Add in that he’s an alert player who has a knack for being in the right spot and Richardson could be a good receiver in the NFL. His biggest problems are his slight frame and injury history, both of which have scouts concerned. Richardson also struggles to make catches in traffic, meaning he may be a better second or third receiver.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: In 2013 Richardson hauled in 83 catches for 1,343 yards (a school record) and 10 touchdowns. The 22-year-old missed four games in 2011 due to an injury and the majority of the 2012 season due to a torn ACL. … Richardson originally committed to UCLA, but he was arrested in 2010 on felony charges, leading to his dismissal from the school. … Richardson’s father, Paul Richardson Sr., played in the NFL with the Jets, Packers, Eagles and Raiders.
SB Nation: Report: Cowboys Met With Colorado Wide Receiver Paul Richardson
Video: Here are Richardson’s 2013 highlights with Colorado.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty