NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: North Carolina DE Kareem Martin
|04.24.14 at 9:31 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive end
School: North Carolina
Weight: 272 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-ACC, 2012 second team All-ACC (coaches, media)
What he brings: Martin has ideal size for his position, and, according to scouts, he also has good vision and recognition on the field. Scouts also say, though, that he could increase his speed and that his pad levels need to become more consistent.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: During his senior season, Martin had 82 tackles, 21.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks and 14 quarterback hurries with three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. … He had four tackles as part of the North team in the 2014 Reese’s Senior Bowl. … Martin had the best result of any defensive lineman during the NFL combine at the broad jump as he reached 10 feet, 9 inches.
ESPN.com: Checking in with UNC DE Kareem Martin
Video: Here is a video highlighting Martin’s career at North Carolina.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...