NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: BC RB Andre Williams
|04.25.14 at 9:16 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Running back
School: Boston College
Weight: 231 pounds
Achievements: 2013 Unanimous All-American, 2013 first-team All-ACC
What he brings: Williams is a power back who works between the tackles, carrying defenders with him. While not the fastest running back available, Williams possesses good acceleration that makes him hard to bring down with his big frame. The 21-year-old has little experience catching the ball and is not great at pass protection.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: In 2013 Williams ran for 2,177 yards, good for fifth highest all-time in a single season in the NCAA. He also had 18 rushing touchdowns. … He combined for 1,562 yards between 2010 and 2012. … Williams ran a 4.56 40-yard dash and a 7.27 3-cone drill at the NFL combine. … He had to skip the Senior Bowl due to an undisclosed injury, though there has been speculation that it was a shoulder injury.
MMQB: The Man With a Plan
BuffaloBills.com: RB Williams assured he’s ready for NFL
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...