NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Stanford ILB Shayne Skov
|04.25.14 at 5:26 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Inside linebacker
Weight: 245 pounds
Achievements: 2013 third-team AP All-American, 2013 first-team All-Pac-12, 2012 honorable mention All-Pac-12, 2010 honorable mention All-Pac-10
What he brings: A physical hard-nosed linebacker, Skov is an ideal fit for a 3-4 defense. The 23-year-old’s instincts, physicality and smarts make him a hard-hitting, punishing tackler with a knack for a few big plays. While his age, injury history (torn ACL) and speed/quickness are a concern, Skov is a good player to put in the middle of an NFL defense.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: In 2013 Skov recorded 5 1/2 sacks, three forced fumbles, 13 tackles for loss and 109 tackles, all career highs. … Because he only played in three games in 2011 due to tearing his ACL against Arizona, Skov was granted a medical redshirt. … He was unable to participate in Stanford’s pro day due to a pulled hamstring.
Bleacher Report: Why Shayne Skov is the premier run-stopping linebacker in the 2014 draft class
Cardinal Sports Report: Skov holds NFL workout
Video: Here are Skov’s 2013 highlights against Oregon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return