Reports: Patriots cleared of wrongdoing regarding injury reports
|04.25.14 at 8:26 am ET|
The Patriots have been cleared of any potential wrongdoing when it comes to injury reports, according to multiple media outlets.
Both Aqib Talib and Brandon Spikes took their shots at the franchise on the way out the door, saying that the team played fast-and-loose with how it reports injuries. However, an NFL spokesman said the Patriots were acting within the rules regarding Talib and Spikes.
“It was determined that the Patriots complied with the injury report procedures regarding both players,” NFL Senior Vice President of Communications Greg Aiello wrote in an email to ESPN.
“I know, I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said shortly after he signed with the Bills. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip.
“That was just from the labor throughout the season, man. It was just — you know how it is – it’s a tough 16 games. All I needed was rest and rehab.”
Spikes’ claim was the second in a month. When he signed with the Broncos, Talib said he was listed with a hip injury, but he was quick to say he had no such problem.
“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. ‘The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick