NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: West Virginia DE Will Clarke
|04.26.14 at 9:10 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive end
School: West Virginia
Weight: 271 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-Big 12, 2012 All-Big 12 honorable mention (Associated Press)
What he brings: Clarke has ideal size, a strong, athletic frame and an explosive reaction off the snap. Analysts note that he can become too stiff and that he plays too tall.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: During the 2013 season, Clarke led the team with six sacks and 17 tackles for loss. … The Pittsburgh native, who majored in criminology and investigations, is the only Vest Virginia player to receive the Iron Mountaineer honor — an award given for excellence in the weight room — three times. … He has drawn comparisons to Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: West Virginia’s Clarke offers clues that football, forensics can mix
Video: Here is a video highlighting Clarke’s career at West Virginia.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...