NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: CB Victor Hampton
|04.27.14 at 9:47 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: South Carolina
Weight: 197 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team AP All-SEC
What he brings: Hampton has athletic ability and above-average instincts. While undersized from a height perspective, the 22-year-old does have good strength that allows him to be physical with receivers. Hampton has flashed good speed and change in direction ability, though his combine results are worrying to some. Hampton’s biggest drawback is his lack of consistency.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-5
Notes: In 2013 Hampton recorded three interceptions, nine pass breakups, five tackles for loss and 51 tackles, all career highs. He started all 13 games in both 2013 and 2012. … The 22-year-old was arrested on April 6 for disorderly conduct along with his sister. Hampton was suspended by South Carolina for a brief amount of time in 2011 for an undisclosed reason. He also is under investigation for an alleged assault on a man at a New York City nightclub. … At the NFL combine Hampton ran a 4.69 40-yard dash, benched 225 pounds 20 times and ran the 3-cone drill in 7.01 seconds.
WISTV.com: Former Gamecock Victor Hampton excited about NFL future after overcoming rocky past
WLTX.com: Victor Hampton looks to the draft
Video: Here is Hampton’s NFL combine workout.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick