NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Oregon CB Terrance Mitchell
|04.28.14 at 5:18 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 192 pounds
Achievements: Led Oregon in interceptions with five during the 2013 season
What he brings: Scouts say that Mitchell has a gambling mentality that allows him to make big plays. They also point out, though, that he has tight hips and lacks ideal strength.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 5-6
Notes: Many expected Mitchell’s teammate and All-American Ifo Ekpre-Olomu to go into the draft this year. Instead, Ekpre-Olomu decided to stay for his senior year and Mitchell entered the draft. Mitchell had a breakout season as he started all 13 games and had 59 tackles. … Mitchell was ejected from a game on Aug. 31, 2013, against Nicholls for targeting. … At the NFL combine, Mitchell had the top result of all cornerbacks in the 3-cone drill with a time of 6.57 seconds and in the 20-yard shuttle at a time of 4.00. He also had the second-best mark of all cornerbacks in the 60-yard shuttle with a time of 11.22.
The Oregonian: NFL Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott is teaching Terrance Mitchell ‘fearlessness’ in training
Video: Here is a video from Mitchell’s NFL combine workout.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38