NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Arizona State LB Carl Bradford
|04.29.14 at 9:24 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: Arizona State
Weight: 243 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-Pac-12, 2012 honorable mention All-Pac-12
What he brings: Bradford is a big-hit, big-play player who showed his versatility by playing defensive end, inside linebacker and outside linebacker during his time at Arizona State. While Bradford is undersized and doesn’t have great change-of-direction speed, he has a knack for making timely plays and delivering punishing hits. Scouts are concerned that he doesn’t fit anywhere as he appears to be too small for an outside linebacker and too slow for an inside linebacker. Bradford sometimes misses tackles when trying to deliver a big hit.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: In 2013 Bradford started all 14 games, recording 61 tackles, 8 1/2 sacks, 19 tackles for losses, three forced fumbles and an interception that he returned for a touchdown. He then decided to pass up his senior season and declare for the draft. … At the NFL combine Bradford ran a 4.76 40-yard dash, benched 250 pounds 23 times and ran the 3-cone drill in 7.25 seconds. … CBSSports.com compared Bradford to former Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes.
Fox Sports: ‘He died in my arms': Memory of father fuels former ASU DE Carl Bradford
Video: Here are Bradford’s 2013 highlights with Arizona State.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied