NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Furman OG Dakota Dozier
|04.29.14 at 5:41 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive guard
Weight: 313 pounds
Achievements: 2013 AP FCS first-team All-American
What he brings: Projected as a better guard than tackle, Dozier has a good mix of power, strength and slide ability, making him a good puller. Dozier has a history of overextending, but he does possess excellent hands and lower-body strength. Dozier is a better run blocker than a pass protector.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Dozier started 44 out of 45 games while at Furman, mostly playing tackle. He was a team captain during his senior season. … At the NFL combine, Dozier ran a 5.42 40-yard dash and the 3-cone drill in 8.14 seconds.
The Paladin: Dakota Dozier impresses scouts at the NFL combine
Video: Here’s a closer look at Dozier.
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Must Move to Re-Sign Connolly
- Realistic Trade Partners for Patriots in NFL Draft
- Patriots Rapid-Fire Predictions for NFL Draft
- Making Pats' Case for Jordan Phillips
- Potential Day One Starters for the Patriots
- Why Easley Is Patriots' Most Overlooked Starter
- Best, Worst Case Scenarios for Pats' Top 3 Picks