NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Furman OG Dakota Dozier
|04.29.14 at 5:41 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive guard
Weight: 313 pounds
Achievements: 2013 AP FCS first-team All-American
What he brings: Projected as a better guard than tackle, Dozier has a good mix of power, strength and slide ability, making him a good puller. Dozier has a history of overextending, but he does possess excellent hands and lower-body strength. Dozier is a better run blocker than a pass protector.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Dozier started 44 out of 45 games while at Furman, mostly playing tackle. He was a team captain during his senior season. … At the NFL combine, Dozier ran a 5.42 40-yard dash and the 3-cone drill in 8.14 seconds.
The Paladin: Dakota Dozier impresses scouts at the NFL combine
Video: Here’s a closer look at Dozier.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?