Rob Gronkowski: ‘I’m just improving every day’
|04.29.14 at 3:19 pm ET|
Rob Gronkowski sounded an optimistic note about the state of his current rehab, but still wouldn’t comment on specifics when asked by WAAF’s Greg Hill about a possible return date.
Speaking with Hill on Tuesday morning, Gronkowski wouldn’t say if he’d be ready for the 2014 regular-season opener.
“That’s too far away, man. I’m just improving every day right now,” Gronkowski said. “I’m working hard every day to put myself in the best situation so that I’m ready.”
Gronkowski injured his knee on Dec. 8, and underwent surgery on Jan. 9. The process was performed by Dr. James Andrews.
While he’s been through the recovery process before — the tight end has undergone back and arm surgeries over the last two years — Gronkowski indicated that the toughest part of the recovery process this time around has been the mental grind.
“You’ve just got to have a mindset basically every single day that you’re going to go in, work hard and you’re going to get better,” Gronkowski said. “Definitely going in when it’s the same thing 15 weeks straight, it starts to get tough, but you’ve got to stay mentally tough, stay physically strong. You’ve got to just keep going in and keep grinding.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots