NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste
|04.30.14 at 9:28 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 218 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-Big Ten (coaches and media), 2013 Phil Steele midseason second-team All-American, 2010 Big 12 Commissioner’s Fall Academic Honor Roll
What he brings: Jean-Baptiste has ideal size and both good balance and body control. One of the raps on him is that he is not as physical as he could be for his size.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-4
Notes: Jean-Baptiste was the top cover cornerback for Nebraska during the 2013 season as he led the team with four interceptions and returned those interceptions for a total of 134 yards — the most interception return yards for a Nebraska player since 2005. He finished his career with a total of 22 pass breakups, 12 of which came during his senior season. … At the NFL combine, Jean-Baptiste had the top vertical jump of all cornerbacks with a mark of 41.5 inches and had the third best broad jump mark at 10 feet, 8 inches. … Jean-Baptiste transferred to Nebraska after spending one year at Fort Scott Community College, where he did not see any football action.
Kansas City Star: Nebraska cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste might just be in the right draft
The Washington Post: Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste hopes to follow Richard Sherman’s path
Video: Here is a video highlighting Jean-Baptiste’s career with Nebraska.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle, Shoulder and...
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction