Aaron Hernandez indicted for jailhouse assault, threat
|05.01.14 at 10:38 pm ET|
The assault and battery charge is related to a fight Hernandez is said to have had with a fellow inmate, identified as Andrew Booker. The threat is from a Nov. 1 incident when Hernandez allegedly threatened to shoot and kill a guard who stopped the former Patriots tight end from getting extra food.
Booker’s attorney, Michael P. Malone, told reporters that his client will not testify against Hernandez, saying Booker “doesn’t want to be a rat.”
Hernandez remains in the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth accused of murdering Odin Lloyd last summer.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know