Aaron Hernandez indicted for jailhouse assault, threat
|05.01.14 at 10:38 pm ET|
The assault and battery charge is related to a fight Hernandez is said to have had with a fellow inmate, identified as Andrew Booker. The threat is from a Nov. 1 incident when Hernandez allegedly threatened to shoot and kill a guard who stopped the former Patriots tight end from getting extra food.
Booker’s attorney, Michael P. Malone, told reporters that his client will not testify against Hernandez, saying Booker “doesn’t want to be a rat.”
Hernandez remains in the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth accused of murdering Odin Lloyd last summer.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick