NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Utah CB Keith McGill
|05.01.14 at 9:25 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 211 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-Pac 12 honorable mention, 2010 first-team All-America safety and Northern Conference Defensive Player of the Year at Cerritos College
What he brings: McGill has rare size for a cornerback and is a versatile player. However, his physical toughness has been questioned.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: McGill’s only full season as a cornerback came in 2013 when he started in 12 games, had 37 total tackles and was second in the Pac-12 in passes defended per game with 1.08. … At the NFL combine McGill ranked third among cornerbacks in the vertical jump with a mark of 39 inches. He also came in second at his position in the broad jump with a mark of 10 feet, 9 inches. … McGill missed the entire 2012 season and most of the 2011 season after he suffered a torn labrum five games into the year. … McGill transferred to Utah after he was a first-team All-America safety at Cerritos College in California. After graduating from high school in 2007, McGill, who has a daughter, worked as a parking attendant at Disneyland before he eventually enrolled at Universal Technical Institute. He began attending Cerritos College in 2009.
FOXSports.com: Projected second-round pick CB Keith McGill reflects on journey to NFL
Examiner.com: Cornerback Keith McGill draft stock rising due to rare size
Video: Here is a video that highlights McGill’s career with Utah.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return