NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Utah CB Keith McGill
|05.01.14 at 9:25 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 211 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-Pac 12 honorable mention, 2010 first-team All-America safety and Northern Conference Defensive Player of the Year at Cerritos College
What he brings: McGill has rare size for a cornerback and is a versatile player. However, his physical toughness has been questioned.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: McGill’s only full season as a cornerback came in 2013 when he started in 12 games, had 37 total tackles and was second in the Pac-12 in passes defended per game with 1.08. … At the NFL combine McGill ranked third among cornerbacks in the vertical jump with a mark of 39 inches. He also came in second at his position in the broad jump with a mark of 10 feet, 9 inches. … McGill missed the entire 2012 season and most of the 2011 season after he suffered a torn labrum five games into the year. … McGill transferred to Utah after he was a first-team All-America safety at Cerritos College in California. After graduating from high school in 2007, McGill, who has a daughter, worked as a parking attendant at Disneyland before he eventually enrolled at Universal Technical Institute. He began attending Cerritos College in 2009.
FOXSports.com: Projected second-round pick CB Keith McGill reflects on journey to NFL
Examiner.com: Cornerback Keith McGill draft stock rising due to rare size
Video: Here is a video that highlights McGill’s career with Utah.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know