NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz
|05.02.14 at 9:20 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Tight end
Weight: 265 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-Big Ten
What he brings: Fiedorowicz is more of a classic blocking tight end with a big body and build who can block very well not just at the point of attack but on the next level. The 22-year-old isn’t an elite receiver but can catch the ball well and shows natural route-running and receiving ability. He isn’t the fastest tight end, but he can create enough separation with his feet and big frame.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Fiedorowicz recorded nine touchdowns, 80 receptions and 830 yards during his career at Iowa, with 30 catches for 299 yards and six touchdowns coming in his senior campaign. … He was named most outstanding tight end/wide receiver at the 2014 Senior Bowl. … Fiedorowicz ran a 4.73 40-yard dash at the NFL combine, benching 225 pounds 25 times and finishing the 3-cone drill in 7.10 seconds.
ESPN: 10 perfect Patriots: TE C.J. Fiedorowicz
Hawk Central: Hawkeye tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz draws attention at NFL pro day
Video: Here are Fiedorowicz’s highlights against Minnesota in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return