NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis
|05.02.14 at 5:26 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 195 pounds
Achievements: 2013, 2012 first-team All-Big Ten
What he brings: A smart, instinctual player who probably would be a better slot receiver, Abbrederis lacks ideal size and top-end speed to be a true No. 1 receiver in the NFL. His deceptive quickness and lateral speed make him dangerous in the middle of the field. Despite his physical limitations, the 23-year-old is smart and understands how to get open while also knowing various schemes and intricacies. Scouts like Abbrederis’s smooth hands.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: Abbrederis had 78 catches for 1,081 yards and seven touchdowns during his senior season at Wisconsin, where he began his career as a walk-on. He added six rushes for 119 yards and two touchdowns. … At the NFL combine Abbrederis ran a 4.50 40-yard dash, benched 225 pounds four times and completed the 3-cone drill in 6.90 seconds.
Bleacher Report: Hardworking Jared Abbrederis excited to have the opportunity to chase his dreams
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Journey of faith goes on for UW’s Abbrederis
Video: Here are Abbrederis’s highlights against Illinois in 2013.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots