NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Florida State FS Terrence Brooks
|05.03.14 at 9:03 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Free safety
School: Florida State
Weight: 196 pounds
Achievements: 2013 first-team All-American (CBS Sports), 2013 second-team All-ACC
What he brings: While not physically imposing, Brooks use his speed and agility to be a dangerous force in the defensive backfield. Despite his smaller stature, Brooks isn’t afraid to go for the big hit, although sometimes he gets overly aggressive and misses the tackle. Quick feet and long arms help make him a natural playmaker, as does his time spent at cornerback early in his collegiate career, but he struggles to make interceptions.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: During his senior season, his second as a starter, Brooks recorded 50 tackles, one interception and four pass breakups. … At the NFL combine, Brooks recorded a 4.41 40-yard dash, benched 225 pounds 10 times and ran a 7.35 in the 3-cone drill.
Playthedraft.com: FSU Pro Day: Terrence Brooks
Fox Sports: FSU’s Terrence Brooks out to prove doubters wrong in NFL
Video: Here are Brooks’ 2013 highlights with Florida State.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots