NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Clemson CB Bashaud Breeland
|05.04.14 at 9:06 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 197 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-ACC
What he brings: Breeland is a young, athletic corner who still needs to develop multiple parts of his game. While he looks the part, he only has sufficient speed. Analysts say his lack of top-end speed, failure to prevent receivers from getting behind him and overaggressive hands make him susceptible to big plays. The Clemson corner needs to improve his run tackling, too. Breeland is better in the shorter part of the field and doesn’t make too many mental errors in coverage. Breeland has all the tools to be a top cornerback in the league, he just has to put it all together.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: In 2013 Breeland recorded four interceptions, 17 pass breakups and 74 tackles. The 22-year-old finished his career with six interceptions, three sacks and 136 tackles. … At the NFL combine he ran a 4.59 40-yard dash, benched 225 pounds 11 times and ran the 3-cone drill in 7.04 seconds.
The Post and Courier: Clemson’s Bashaud Breeland battling to join elite group of NFL cornerback prospects
Video: Here are Breeland’s highlights against Syracuse in 2013.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty