NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Virginia OT Morgan Moses
|05.05.14 at 12:22 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
Weight: 314 pounds
Achievements: 2013 third-team All-ACC, 2013 All-ACC second team (coaches), 2012 All-ACC honorable mention (coaches), 2010 Phil Steele’s postseason fourth-team freshman All-American, 2010 honorable mention freshman All-American (CollegeFootballNews.com), Z Society Dudley Award (presented to first-year player who shows excellence in the classroom, field and community)
What he brings: Moses has ideal size and, according to scouts, he has the ability to win with his hands and make use of his size. Knocks on him include that he is heavy on his feet and sometimes struggles to stop or start.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-3
Notes: Moses was a Parade All-American and attended prep school at Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia. He started out his college career as a right tackle, appearing in 11 games and starting in six of the season’s last seven. Moses sprained his left ankle during the fall of 2011 but still started in all 13 games of the season. He also sprained his ankle in a game against North Carolina during the 2012 season. Moses made the move to left tackle during his senior season. During his four years at Virginia, Moses started in 43 games and gave up only two sacks on 506 pass attempts. … Moses did not lift during the NFL combine because of an injury to his left shoulder.
ESPN.com: Morgan Moses sees draft stoke rise
Video: Here is a video highlighting Moses’ career at Virginia.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England