Peyton Manning, David Letterman have some fun at Bill Belichick’s expense
|05.05.14 at 11:20 pm ET|
Peyton Manning appeared with David Letterman on “The Late Show” Monday evening, and when the Broncos quarterback was asked about a tongue-in-cheek plan to sabotage field mics to prevent “Omaha” audibles, the Broncos quarterback and talk show host took a shot at Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
“These TV mics pick up everything. I don’t like it. I am not a fan of it, Dave. It reveals terminology that the opponent you will play the next week can use. I don’t like Bill Belichick hearing our plays that we are using,” Manning said.
“I think I know how to fix it, Dave,” Manning added. “You have to get up there and say some really negative things about commissioner Roger Goodell. ‘Blue 20! Blue 20! Roger Goodell is a no-good you know what,’ and I think they’ll just kind of turn down that volume a bit.”
“But, as we know about Bill Belichick, he brings his own microphones,” responded Letterman. “So you don’t have to worry about that.”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season