Peyton Manning, David Letterman have some fun at Bill Belichick’s expense
|05.05.14 at 11:20 pm ET|
Peyton Manning appeared with David Letterman on “The Late Show” Monday evening, and when the Broncos quarterback was asked about a tongue-in-cheek plan to sabotage field mics to prevent “Omaha” audibles, the Broncos quarterback and talk show host took a shot at Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
“These TV mics pick up everything. I don’t like it. I am not a fan of it, Dave. It reveals terminology that the opponent you will play the next week can use. I don’t like Bill Belichick hearing our plays that we are using,” Manning said.
“I think I know how to fix it, Dave,” Manning added. “You have to get up there and say some really negative things about commissioner Roger Goodell. ‘Blue 20! Blue 20! Roger Goodell is a no-good you know what,’ and I think they’ll just kind of turn down that volume a bit.”
“But, as we know about Bill Belichick, he brings his own microphones,” responded Letterman. “So you don’t have to worry about that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?