Peyton Manning, David Letterman have some fun at Bill Belichick’s expense
|05.05.14 at 11:20 pm ET|
Peyton Manning appeared with David Letterman on “The Late Show” Monday evening, and when the Broncos quarterback was asked about a tongue-in-cheek plan to sabotage field mics to prevent “Omaha” audibles, the Broncos quarterback and talk show host took a shot at Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
“These TV mics pick up everything. I don’t like it. I am not a fan of it, Dave. It reveals terminology that the opponent you will play the next week can use. I don’t like Bill Belichick hearing our plays that we are using,” Manning said.
“I think I know how to fix it, Dave,” Manning added. “You have to get up there and say some really negative things about commissioner Roger Goodell. ‘Blue 20! Blue 20! Roger Goodell is a no-good you know what,’ and I think they’ll just kind of turn down that volume a bit.”
“But, as we know about Bill Belichick, he brings his own microphones,” responded Letterman. “So you don’t have to worry about that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know