NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: USC C Marcus Martin
|05.06.14 at 9:10 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Weight: 320 pounds
Achievements: 2011 freshman first-team All-American (Sporting News, CBSSports.com, CollegeFootballNews.com, FoxSportsNext.com), 2011 Phil Steele Freshman All-American second team
What he brings: Scouts say that Martin has the frame of an NFL lineman and has good core flexibility. They also point out, though, that he has just one year of experience at center and plays low.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: After moving to center from left guard and starting in 13 games during the 2013 season, Martin dislocated his left kneecap and suffered an ankle sprain against UCLA. Consequently, the team captain missed the Las Vegas Bowl against Fresno State and did not perform at the NFL combine. … Martin started in a combined 20 games during his freshman and sophomore years at USC.
NBC Sports: Marcus Martin heads to the draft
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...