NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Georgia Tech LB Jeremiah Attaochu
|05.07.14 at 12:52 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Outside linebacker
School: Georgia Tech
Weight: 252 pounds
Achievements: 2013 third-team All-American (Associated Press, CBSSports.com), 2013 first-team All-ACC (coaches, media), 2012, 2011 All-ACC honorable mention (coaches, media)
What he brings: Attaochu has good size, and, according to scouts, he has good quickness and a strong football IQ. They also say that he needs to control his temper on the field and become stronger.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-3
Notes: Attaochu was a captain during his senior season and owns the Georgia Tech record for sacks with 31.5. The marker also puts him at fifth in ACC history. … Attaochu did not work out at the NFL combine because of an injury to his finger. … As a true freshman, he played in 12 games and started in the Independence Bowl. He finished the year with 23 tackles, 18 of which were solo tackles, four tackles for loss and three sacks. … Attaochu was born in Nigeria and began playing football in ninth grade because he “got tired of just watching it.”
AllVoices.com: DE/OLB Jeremiah Attaochu’s stock on the rise
SI.com: Georgia Tech’s Jeremiah Attaochu looks to close his Yellow Jackets career on a high note in the Music City Bowl
Video: Here is a video highlighting Attaochu’s career at Georgia Tech.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text