NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Clemson WR Martavis Bryant
|05.08.14 at 6:23 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 211 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-ACC honorable mention (coaches, media)
What he brings: Bryant is tall with long arms, and he has displayed galloping speed and an ability to make acrobatic catches with ease. Analysts note that he needs to add more bulk and had far too many double catches and drops while at Clemson.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-4
Notes: Bryant made the decision to enter the draft after a junior campaign when he started in 11 of 13 games and had 42 receptions for 828 yards and seven touchdowns. He missed a start against Wake Forest after he made a throat slashing gesture during a game against North Carolina State. … The 22-year-old had the fifth-best time of any wide receiver in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine as he finished the run in 4.42 seconds. … During the 2012 season, Bryant had 10 receptions for 305 yards and four touchdowns, but he missed two games because of a groin injury and was academically ineligible for the Chick-fil-A Bowl. … During his first season with Clemson, Bryant played in all 14 games and started two, totaling nine receptions for 221 yards and two touchdowns.
The Post and Courier: The Maturation of Martavis Bryant: Clemson wide receiver is a student, an athlete and a father
The State: Mayock: ‘Gifted’ Martavis Bryant a potential second-round pick
Video: Here is a video highlighting Bryant’s career at Clemson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video