NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Clemson WR Martavis Bryant
|05.08.14 at 6:23 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 211 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-ACC honorable mention (coaches, media)
What he brings: Bryant is tall with long arms, and he has displayed galloping speed and an ability to make acrobatic catches with ease. Analysts note that he needs to add more bulk and had far too many double catches and drops while at Clemson.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 2-4
Notes: Bryant made the decision to enter the draft after a junior campaign when he started in 11 of 13 games and had 42 receptions for 828 yards and seven touchdowns. He missed a start against Wake Forest after he made a throat slashing gesture during a game against North Carolina State. … The 22-year-old had the fifth-best time of any wide receiver in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine as he finished the run in 4.42 seconds. … During the 2012 season, Bryant had 10 receptions for 305 yards and four touchdowns, but he missed two games because of a groin injury and was academically ineligible for the Chick-fil-A Bowl. … During his first season with Clemson, Bryant played in all 14 games and started two, totaling nine receptions for 221 yards and two touchdowns.
The Post and Courier: The Maturation of Martavis Bryant: Clemson wide receiver is a student, an athlete and a father
The State: Mayock: ‘Gifted’ Martavis Bryant a potential second-round pick
Video: Here is a video highlighting Bryant’s career at Clemson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return