NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Oregon State CB Rashaad Reynolds
|05.08.14 at 12:25 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: Oregon State
Weight: 189 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-Pac-12 second team (coaches), 2012 All-Pac-12 honorable mention
What he brings: Reynolds is a very athletic corner who has impressed scouts with his anticipation instincts and leadership ability. Concerns have been raised over Reynolds’ slim build, as he needs to work on his tackling and avoid being pushed back in piles. Despite these shortcomings, most scouts view Reynolds as a durable, low-risk prospect.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: Reynolds finished his final year with Oregon State with 61 tackles and a career-high six interceptions. His six picks tied him for the conference lead and was tied for seventh in the nation. … Reynolds was named to the Jim Thorpe Award Watch list in 2013. The award is given to the top defensive back in the country. … At the NFL combine, Reynolds posted a 4.51 in the 40-yard dash and completed 20 reps at the bench press (tied for third among all CBs).
Corvallis Gazette-Times: Reynolds taking first step toward NFL with East-West Shrine game
Video: Here is a video of Reynolds’ performance against Washington State in 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion