NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Oregon State CB Rashaad Reynolds
|05.08.14 at 12:25 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
School: Oregon State
Weight: 189 pounds
Achievements: 2013 All-Pac-12 second team (coaches), 2012 All-Pac-12 honorable mention
What he brings: Reynolds is a very athletic corner who has impressed scouts with his anticipation instincts and leadership ability. Concerns have been raised over Reynolds’ slim build, as he needs to work on his tackling and avoid being pushed back in piles. Despite these shortcomings, most scouts view Reynolds as a durable, low-risk prospect.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 3-4
Notes: Reynolds finished his final year with Oregon State with 61 tackles and a career-high six interceptions. His six picks tied him for the conference lead and was tied for seventh in the nation. … Reynolds was named to the Jim Thorpe Award Watch list in 2013. The award is given to the top defensive back in the country. … At the NFL combine, Reynolds posted a 4.51 in the 40-yard dash and completed 20 reps at the bench press (tied for third among all CBs).
Corvallis Gazette-Times: Reynolds taking first step toward NFL with East-West Shrine game
Video: Here is a video of Reynolds’ performance against Washington State in 2013.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty