NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Tennessee OT Ja’Wuan James
|05.08.14 at 9:44 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
Weight: 311 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-SEC (Associated Press, College Sports Madness), 2010 freshman All-SEC (coaches)
What he brings: James has more than ideal size and, according to scouts, has shown both patience as a pass protector as well as power at the point of attack. Scouts also say, though, that he struggles with getting to the right pad level at times.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-3
Notes: James started in every game he played in during his four-year career at Tennessee. The 49 starts, all of which were at right tackle, set a school record for career starts by an offensive lineman. … in 2012 James was a part of an offense that averaged 475.9 yards per game (20th in the NCAA), had 315.6 yards of passing offense per game (15th) and allowed just 0.67 sacks per game (fourth).
The Washington Post: Tackle Ja’Wuan James working to further increase draft stock
The Daily Beacon: Ja’Wuan James a model of consistency throughout UT career
Video: Here is a video that highlights James’ career with Tennessee.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England