NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Tennessee OT Ja’Wuan James
|05.08.14 at 9:44 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2014 NFL draft. Here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
Weight: 311 pounds
Achievements: 2013 second-team All-SEC (Associated Press, College Sports Madness), 2010 freshman All-SEC (coaches)
What he brings: James has more than ideal size and, according to scouts, has shown both patience as a pass protector as well as power at the point of attack. Scouts also say, though, that he struggles with getting to the right pad level at times.
Where the Patriots could get him: Rounds 1-3
Notes: James started in every game he played in during his four-year career at Tennessee. The 49 starts, all of which were at right tackle, set a school record for career starts by an offensive lineman. … in 2012 James was a part of an offense that averaged 475.9 yards per game (20th in the NCAA), had 315.6 yards of passing offense per game (15th) and allowed just 0.67 sacks per game (fourth).
The Washington Post: Tackle Ja’Wuan James working to further increase draft stock
The Daily Beacon: Ja’Wuan James a model of consistency throughout UT career
Video: Here is a video that highlights James’ career with Tennessee.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...