Patriots debut ‘jersey guarantee’ at team store
|05.08.14 at 10:01 am ET|
In an unprecedented move, the Patriots announced on Thursday that they will become the first team in the NFL to offer a “jersey guarantee.”
According to the Patriots Pro Shop website, if a fan purchases a jersey from the team website or store and the player is no longer with the team within a year of the purchase, the Patriots will give the fan a 25 percent discount on their next Patriots jersey purchase. The fan will have two months from when the player leaves the team to use the discount and does not have to return the original jersey.
The move follows a decision by the Patriots to allow fans with Aaron Hernandez jerseys to exchange the item for a different player’s jersey last summer. The deal, which more than 1,200 fans participated in, was created after Hernandez was charged with murder.
Overall, the team’s decision was a move toward giving fans confidence in purchasing jerseys after Tim Tebow, whose jersey became popular last summer, was cut before the season even started and LaGarrette Blount joined the Steelers after a second-half surge in New England.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...