Patriots debut ‘jersey guarantee’ at team store
|05.08.14 at 10:01 am ET|
In an unprecedented move, the Patriots announced on Thursday that they will become the first team in the NFL to offer a “jersey guarantee.”
According to the Patriots Pro Shop website, if a fan purchases a jersey from the team website or store and the player is no longer with the team within a year of the purchase, the Patriots will give the fan a 25 percent discount on their next Patriots jersey purchase. The fan will have two months from when the player leaves the team to use the discount and does not have to return the original jersey.
The move follows a decision by the Patriots to allow fans with Aaron Hernandez jerseys to exchange the item for a different player’s jersey last summer. The deal, which more than 1,200 fans participated in, was created after Hernandez was charged with murder.
Overall, the team’s decision was a move toward giving fans confidence in purchasing jerseys after Tim Tebow, whose jersey became popular last summer, was cut before the season even started and LaGarrette Blount joined the Steelers after a second-half surge in New England.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...