Patriots debut ‘jersey guarantee’ at team store
|05.08.14 at 10:01 am ET|
In an unprecedented move, the Patriots announced on Thursday that they will become the first team in the NFL to offer a “jersey guarantee.”
According to the Patriots Pro Shop website, if a fan purchases a jersey from the team website or store and the player is no longer with the team within a year of the purchase, the Patriots will give the fan a 25 percent discount on their next Patriots jersey purchase. The fan will have two months from when the player leaves the team to use the discount and does not have to return the original jersey.
The move follows a decision by the Patriots to allow fans with Aaron Hernandez jerseys to exchange the item for a different player’s jersey last summer. The deal, which more than 1,200 fans participated in, was created after Hernandez was charged with murder.
Overall, the team’s decision was a move toward giving fans confidence in purchasing jerseys after Tim Tebow, whose jersey became popular last summer, was cut before the season even started and LaGarrette Blount joined the Steelers after a second-half surge in New England.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video