Quick preview of Day 2 of NFL draft for Patriots
|05.09.14 at 1:12 pm ET|
Day 2 of the NFL draft is set to get underway Friday at 7 p.m. Right now, the Patriots have single picks in the second and third round, scheduled to be Nos. 62 and 93 overall.
With Thursday’s pickup of defensive lineman Dominique Easley at No. 29 overall, it’s expected the Patriots will continue to address their most pressing needs. That is included — but obviously not limited to — tight end, safety and coverage linebacker, the bulk of which we examined here. At the same time, don’t be shocked if New England swings at least one deal at some point on Friday — 2004 was the only year since Bill Belichick took over where he didn’t make any draft weekend trades.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL