Bill Belichick: ‘Go talk to the geniuses that are online’ about reported Johnny Manziel scouting leak
|05.10.14 at 1:53 am ET|
FOXBORO — Call him a cynic or just highly suspicious, but Bill Belichick wasn’t about to feed into the Friday frenzy created by a report that a scouting report on Johnny Manziel from a Patriots scout had some how, some way found its way online.
ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Reiss asked Belichick about the report late Friday night during the press conference to talk about Day 2 of the NFL draft, and how it could possibly be that a scouting report on the most-discussed player in the draft might have been leaked by the most guarded team in the NFL.
“With all due respect, I hate to admit this, but I don’t think I’ve been online in a couple days or weeks or whatever, so that’s not really an important thing to me,” Belichick said. “I don’t even know what’s online and what isn’t online. But I would say we probably have, I can’t even imagine, 10,000 pages of information. It’s a lot of information.
“There’s no way I can sit up here and tell you that I’ve read it all. I’ve read a fraction of it. But we have a ton of information on all the players that are in the draft. What’s online, you should go talk to the geniuses that are online. I don’t know. MyFace, YourFace, InstantFace. Go talk to whoever you want that does that stuff. I don’t know.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?