Patriots select Wisconsin running back James White at No. 130
|05.10.14 at 1:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots selected running back James White out of Wisconsin with the 130th overall pick in the NFL draft Saturday.
A fourth-round selection, White is a 5-foot-10, 194-pounder who finished his career ranked No. 4 all-time at Wisconsin with 4,015 rushing yards, including a career-high 1,444 yards on 221 carries (6.5 average) and 13 touchdowns. A consensus second-team All-Big Ten last year, he ranks third all-time at UW in rushing touchdowns (45), and is tied for the eighth-most in Big Ten history. He also ranks third all-time at Wisconsin in total touchdowns (48), the ninth-most by a Big Ten player.
White figures to sit behind Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen and Brandon Bolden when it comes to playing time in 2014, although it is worth noting that all three of those players are heading into the final year of their contracts.
The Patriots have five more picks on the board at this point.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats