Patriots select Wisconsin running back James White at No. 130
|05.10.14 at 1:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots selected running back James White out of Wisconsin with the 130th overall pick in the NFL draft Saturday.
A fourth-round selection, White is a 5-foot-10, 194-pounder who finished his career ranked No. 4 all-time at Wisconsin with 4,015 rushing yards, including a career-high 1,444 yards on 221 carries (6.5 average) and 13 touchdowns. A consensus second-team All-Big Ten last year, he ranks third all-time at UW in rushing touchdowns (45), and is tied for the eighth-most in Big Ten history. He also ranks third all-time at Wisconsin in total touchdowns (48), the ninth-most by a Big Ten player.
White figures to sit behind Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen and Brandon Bolden when it comes to playing time in 2014, although it is worth noting that all three of those players are heading into the final year of their contracts.
The Patriots have five more picks on the board at this point.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...