Dominique Easley: ‘I can’t wait’ to get into Patriots program
|05.12.14 at 12:49 pm ET|
In what has become a tradition for the Patriots’ top draft picks, defensive lineman Dominique Easley arrived at Gillette Stadium on Monday and had the chance to meet with team owner Robert Kraft.
“I understand he’s a great dancer,” Kraft told the media when asked about Easley. “Not that we’re looking after sacks to have dances, but you never know. We’ll leave that to him.”
Easley said he welcomed the opportunity to play for a “family-oriented” program like the Patriots.
“I’ve been watching them for years. So it’s a blessing and an honor,” Easley said of the Patriots. “I’m going to do everything they ask me to do, and do it to the best ability I can.”
With ACL injuries in both knees the last few years, Easley has a checkered injury history. But on a conference call with the media on Thursday shortly after the pick was made, he declared himself good to go. And on Monday, he sounded optimistic about putting his recent health issues behind him and getting on the field.
“I can’t wait,” he said. “I haven’t played a game since September.”
With the draft being pushed back two weeks this spring, Easley and the rest of the Patriots rookies are behind where the first-year players usually stand at this time of the calendar. As a result, they’ll have to get up to speed quickly. That was part of the message that coach Bill Belichick imparted to them shortly after they arrived at Gillette Stadium for meetings and physicals.
“Everyone wants to be great, so we’ve got work to do,” Easley said.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...