Patriots sign Rutgers DB Jeremy Deering as undrafted free agent
|05.12.14 at 1:26 pm ET|
The Patriots have signed Rutgers defensive back Jeremy Deering as an undrafted free agent, per a league source.
Deering showed great positional versatility over the course of his college career — at Rutgers, hes lined up as a wildcat quarterback, wide receiver, running back, defensive back and kick returner.
However, the 6-foot-1, 200-pounder settled into the role of free safety last year — he had 39 tackles and a pick in in 10 starts at the position with the Scarlet Knights in 2013.
The move was first reported by Dan Duggan of NJ.com.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples