Patriots sign Rutgers DB Jeremy Deering as undrafted free agent
|05.12.14 at 1:26 pm ET|
The Patriots have signed Rutgers defensive back Jeremy Deering as an undrafted free agent, per a league source.
Deering showed great positional versatility over the course of his college career — at Rutgers, hes lined up as a wildcat quarterback, wide receiver, running back, defensive back and kick returner.
However, the 6-foot-1, 200-pounder settled into the role of free safety last year — he had 39 tackles and a pick in in 10 starts at the position with the Scarlet Knights in 2013.
The move was first reported by Dan Duggan of NJ.com.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl