Patriots sign Rutgers DB Jeremy Deering as undrafted free agent
|05.12.14 at 1:26 pm ET|
The Patriots have signed Rutgers defensive back Jeremy Deering as an undrafted free agent, per a league source.
Deering showed great positional versatility over the course of his college career — at Rutgers, hes lined up as a wildcat quarterback, wide receiver, running back, defensive back and kick returner.
However, the 6-foot-1, 200-pounder settled into the role of free safety last year — he had 39 tackles and a pick in in 10 starts at the position with the Scarlet Knights in 2013.
The move was first reported by Dan Duggan of NJ.com.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?