Patriots sign Rutgers DB Jeremy Deering as undrafted free agent
|05.12.14 at 1:26 pm ET|
The Patriots have signed Rutgers defensive back Jeremy Deering as an undrafted free agent, per a league source.
Deering showed great positional versatility over the course of his college career — at Rutgers, hes lined up as a wildcat quarterback, wide receiver, running back, defensive back and kick returner.
However, the 6-foot-1, 200-pounder settled into the role of free safety last year — he had 39 tackles and a pick in in 10 starts at the position with the Scarlet Knights in 2013.
The move was first reported by Dan Duggan of NJ.com.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars