Agent: Patriots sign sixth-round pick Zach Moore
|05.15.14 at 4:21 pm ET|
The Patriots have signed sixth-round draft pick Zach Moore, according to Moore’s agent Blake Baratz.
The 6-foot-6, 285-pound Moore is the first player in the history of Concordia to be drafted. A finalist for the Cliff Harris Division II Player of the Year Award, Moore is a two-time captain who had 33 sacks in 39 college games.
“I think Zach has a real interesting skillset to develop, and I think he will develop,” Patriots coach Bill Belichick said shortly after Moore was taken 198th overall. “He’s a hardworking guy and he’s played very well at the level of (competition) that he was at.
“Obviously, he’s going to be playing against a lot better people than he played against. But I think if he works hard and can develop the skills that he has, I definitely think he can be a productive player for us, sure. We’re excited to work with all the guys, but I think Zach has a real good set of skills.”
Moore is the first member of New England’s draft class to sign a rookie contract.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Montee Ball Released by Patriots: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason