Patriots release TE Tyler Beck, LS Charley Hughlett
|05.15.14 at 4:26 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they have released rookie tight end Tyler Beck and long snapper Charley Hughlett. Here’s a portion of the statement issued by the team on the moves:
Beck, 23, appeared in 49 games during his four-year career at Bowling Green and caught 25 passes for 348 yards and three touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 257-pounder caught 10 passes for 177 yards for a 17.7 yards per catch average as a senior in 2013.
Hughlett, 23, originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Dallas Cowboys out of Central Florida on April 30, 2012. The 6-foot-4, 251-pounder was released by Dallas on Aug. 27, 2012. He was re-signed by Dallas on Jan. 7, 2013, and released for a second time on May 29, 2013. He handled all long snapping duties for four seasons at Central Florida.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble