Churchill Downs: We overpaid Wes Welker $15K after he won at Derby
|05.16.14 at 9:08 pm ET|
Remember this picture of a happy looking Wes Welker handing out $100 bills after the receiver cashed in at the Kentucky Derby earlier this month? Turns out, the former Patriots wide receiver made the money as the result of some error on the part of Churchill Downs, and the racetrack said Friday it wants its money back.
TMZ is reporting Welker was overpaid by almost $15,000 and wants the money, adding that the track claims it was due to a machine malfunction, and has sent the wide receiver a letter looking for the loot.
Welker went on “The Dan Patrick Show” on Friday and said they’ll have to “get in line.”
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves