Churchill Downs: We overpaid Wes Welker $15K after he won at Derby
|05.16.14 at 9:08 pm ET|
Remember this picture of a happy looking Wes Welker handing out $100 bills after the receiver cashed in at the Kentucky Derby earlier this month? Turns out, the former Patriots wide receiver made the money as the result of some error on the part of Churchill Downs, and the racetrack said Friday it wants its money back.
TMZ is reporting Welker was overpaid by almost $15,000 and wants the money, adding that the track claims it was due to a machine malfunction, and has sent the wide receiver a letter looking for the loot.
Welker went on “The Dan Patrick Show” on Friday and said they’ll have to “get in line.”
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text