Churchill Downs: We overpaid Wes Welker $15K after he won at Derby
|05.16.14 at 9:08 pm ET|
Remember this picture of a happy looking Wes Welker handing out $100 bills after the receiver cashed in at the Kentucky Derby earlier this month? Turns out, the former Patriots wide receiver made the money as the result of some error on the part of Churchill Downs, and the racetrack said Friday it wants its money back.
TMZ is reporting Welker was overpaid by almost $15,000 and wants the money, adding that the track claims it was due to a machine malfunction, and has sent the wide receiver a letter looking for the loot.
Welker went on “The Dan Patrick Show” on Friday and said they’ll have to “get in line.”
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie