Churchill Downs: We overpaid Wes Welker $15K after he won at Derby
|05.16.14 at 9:08 pm ET|
Remember this picture of a happy looking Wes Welker handing out $100 bills after the receiver cashed in at the Kentucky Derby earlier this month? Turns out, the former Patriots wide receiver made the money as the result of some error on the part of Churchill Downs, and the racetrack said Friday it wants its money back.
TMZ is reporting Welker was overpaid by almost $15,000 and wants the money, adding that the track claims it was due to a machine malfunction, and has sent the wide receiver a letter looking for the loot.
Welker went on “The Dan Patrick Show” on Friday and said they’ll have to “get in line.”
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?