Patriots release rookie LB James Morris
|05.20.14 at 4:04 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday they have released rookie linebacker James Morris. Morris was signed by the Patriots last week as a rookie free agent out of Iowa.
The 22-year-old Morris was just the sixth player in Iowa history to record 400 career tackles after finishing with 400 tackles, 10½ sacks and six interceptions as a three-year starter. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder was named a team captain in 2013 and started in all 13 games and finished second on the team with 107 total tackles, eight sacks and four interceptions.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England