Patriots release rookie LB James Morris
|05.20.14 at 4:04 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday they have released rookie linebacker James Morris. Morris was signed by the Patriots last week as a rookie free agent out of Iowa.
The 22-year-old Morris was just the sixth player in Iowa history to record 400 career tackles after finishing with 400 tackles, 10½ sacks and six interceptions as a three-year starter. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder was named a team captain in 2013 and started in all 13 games and finished second on the team with 107 total tackles, eight sacks and four interceptions.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office