Patriots release rookie LB James Morris
|05.20.14 at 4:04 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday they have released rookie linebacker James Morris. Morris was signed by the Patriots last week as a rookie free agent out of Iowa.
The 22-year-old Morris was just the sixth player in Iowa history to record 400 career tackles after finishing with 400 tackles, 10½ sacks and six interceptions as a three-year starter. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder was named a team captain in 2013 and started in all 13 games and finished second on the team with 107 total tackles, eight sacks and four interceptions.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...