Patriots release rookie LB James Morris
|05.20.14 at 4:04 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday they have released rookie linebacker James Morris. Morris was signed by the Patriots last week as a rookie free agent out of Iowa.
The 22-year-old Morris was just the sixth player in Iowa history to record 400 career tackles after finishing with 400 tackles, 10½ sacks and six interceptions as a three-year starter. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder was named a team captain in 2013 and started in all 13 games and finished second on the team with 107 total tackles, eight sacks and four interceptions.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal