Report: Patriots work out 4 veterans, including RB Ronnie Brown
|05.21.14 at 4:20 pm ET|
The 32-year-old Brown has spent nine seasons in the NFL, including stints with the Chargers (2012-2013), Eagles (2011) and Dolphins (2005-10). The 6-foot, 223-pound Brown, who has struggled with injury recently, last played 16 games in 2010. He’s piled up 5,328 rushing yards over the course of his career, to go along with 38 touchdowns.
Leonard, 30, has spent seven seasons in the NFL, having suited up for the Rams (2007-08), Bengals (2009-12) and Bucs (2013). The 6-foot-1, 225-pounder out of Rutgers had his best season as a rookie with St. Louis in 2007 when he rushed for 303 yards on 86 carries. He also offers some value in the passing game, as he’s caught 142 passes in his career, including 30 on two different occasions.
Byham is a tight end out of Pitt who has spent three years in the league, the last two with Tampa Bay. As a rookie in 2010 with the Niners, he had five catches for 27 yards in 14 games. The 6-foot-4, 264-pounder had three catches for 38 yards last season with the Bucs.
Hartsock is an 11-year veteran who is also more of a blocker than pass catcher, as he has amassed 31 catches over the course of his career. He’s played for the Colts (2004-06), Titans (2006-07), Falcons (2008), Jets (2009-10) and Panthers (2011-13).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion