Patriots sign undrafted rookie WRs Wilson Van Hooser, Reese Wiggins
|05.27.14 at 5:39 pm ET|
The Patriots on Tuesday announced the signing of undrafted rookie wide receivers Wilson Van Hooser and Reese Wiggins, putting them at the roster limit of 90.
Van Hooser, who stands 6 feet, 197 pounds, had 13 catches for 188 yards and two touchdowns last season at Troy. He also returned 15 kicks for 237 yards. The Alabama native played his first three seasons at Tulane, recording 55 receptions for 805 yards and nine touchdowns before graduating.
Van Hooser participated in pro days and both of his former schools, and he turned some heads when he made a behind-the-back catch of an underthrown ball at Tulane.
Wiggins, 5-foot-11, 193 pounds, was an All-Conference USA honorable mention at East Carolina in 2013 after totaling 26 catches for 372 yards and four touchdowns. In his college career he had 80 receptions for 1,012 yards and eight touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It