Patriots sign undrafted rookie WRs Wilson Van Hooser, Reese Wiggins
|05.27.14 at 5:39 pm ET|
The Patriots on Tuesday announced the signing of undrafted rookie wide receivers Wilson Van Hooser and Reese Wiggins, putting them at the roster limit of 90.
Van Hooser, who stands 6 feet, 197 pounds, had 13 catches for 188 yards and two touchdowns last season at Troy. He also returned 15 kicks for 237 yards. The Alabama native played his first three seasons at Tulane, recording 55 receptions for 805 yards and nine touchdowns before graduating.
Van Hooser participated in pro days and both of his former schools, and he turned some heads when he made a behind-the-back catch of an underthrown ball at Tulane.
Wiggins, 5-foot-11, 193 pounds, was an All-Conference USA honorable mention at East Carolina in 2013 after totaling 26 catches for 372 yards and four touchdowns. In his college career he had 80 receptions for 1,012 yards and eight touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video