Devin McCourty on Darrelle Revis: ‘He’s a good teammate’
|05.29.14 at 8:54 pm ET|
The Patriots have been going through OTAs this week — the third phase of the offseason program. And to this point, the veteran safety has been impressed by the play of Revis, who was acquired in March.
“He’s a good teammate. He works hard and it’s exciting for him to be here,” McCourty said Thursday during a break in the action at the team’s Mom’s Football Safety Clinic.
“I think it’s exciting for him to be here. I think he’s focused on getting better as a player, just like the rest of us. I’m excited for the season this year and for the secondary to start bonding and coming a unit. I think right now, we’re just a bunch of names, and this time — and then in training camp — is when we start to become a unit.”
Revis is one of a few new defensive backs on the roster to this point, a group that includes veteran Brandon Browner and rookie Jemea Thomas. McCourty said that the spring sessions have been “great” when it comes to building a bond with each other.
“I think this time period is great — the coaches can throw as much as they want from us, and [it’s] a learning time,” McCourty said. “I think they’re getting a chance to learn and having to learn on the go. Things are moving fast. I think they’re doing a great job. Along with them is the rookies — they come in and have their little rookie minicamp and now they’re here with us. More is being thrown at them. It’s exciting just seeing everyone out there learning and being back on the field running around.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal