Veteran DT Kevin Williams: ‘Tell [the Patriots] to look me up’
|06.04.14 at 1:05 pm ET|
Defensive tackle Kevin Williams is one of several veteran free agents on the market, but sounds like he’d be interested in signing with the Patriots.
Williams was speaking with a reporter from USA Today about the state of many veteran free agents at this time of the year — several of whom are still sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring — when he was asked about the possibility of playing for the Patriots alongside Vince Wilfork.
“Well, give them a call,” Williams said of New England. “Tell them to look me up.”
The six-time Pro Bowler, who will turn 34 next month, has spent 11 years in the NFL, all with the Vikings. The 6-foot-5, 311-pounder has been pretty durable over the course of his career, as he’s only missed five regular-season games since entering the league in 2003. Williams has 60.5 career sacks, including 8.5 in 2008.
“I’ve done well managing my money. I think I’d be fine if I don’t play,” Williams added. “But that’s my hope — I hope to be on somebody’s team before summer’s out.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye