Report: Veteran DT Kevin Williams visits with Patriots
|06.05.14 at 5:03 pm ET|
Veteran free agent Kevin Williams visited the Patriots on Thursday, according to Tom E. Curran of Comcast Sports Net.
The defensive tackle is a six-time Pro Bowler who will turn 34 next month. He’s spent 11 years in the NFL, all with the Vikings. The 6-foot-5, 311-pounder has been durable over the course of his career, as he’s only missed five regular-season games since entering the league in 2003. He has 60.5 career sacks, including 8.5 in 2008.
Despite the fact that the Patriots appear to have pretty good depth at the defensive tackle spot, the news of Williams’ visit doesn’t come as a complete surprise. Earlier this week, Williams was speaking with a reporter from USA Today about the state of many veteran free agents at this time of the year ‘ several of whom are still sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring ‘ when he was asked about the possibility of playing for the Patriots alongside Vince Wilfork.
“Well, give them a call,’ Williams said of New England. “Tell them to look me up.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction