Patriots sign TE Kyle Auffray, release WR Derrick Johnson
|06.09.14 at 4:46 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Monday they have signed first-year tight end/punter Kyle Auffray. In addition, they released rookie free agent wide receiver Derrick Johnson.
Here is part of the team’s release on the moves:
Auffray, 27, was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as a rookie free agent on May 13, 2013 out of New Hampshire, but was released by the team on July 23, 2013. The 6-foot-5, 254-pounder began his collegiate career at Mississippi State from 2006-07 as a quarterback but did not see any game action. He transferred to New Hampshire where he played in 16 games over two seasons. Auffray played in 13 games with seven starts as a senior in 2010 and caught four passes for 34 yards. He also handled punting duties for New Hampshire as a senior, finishing with 71 punts for a 37.7-yards per punt average.
Johnson, 22, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie agent on May 19, out of Maine. The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder tied for the team lead with 60 receptions for 608 yards and two touchdowns in 2013. He finished his college career with 116 receptions for 1,165 yards and four touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...