Patriots sign rookie free agent WR Jeremy Johnson
|06.12.14 at 11:01 am ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday the signing of wide receiver Jeremy Johnson, a rookie free agent from SMU.
Johnson, who stands 6 feet, 179 pounds, was an All-American Athletic Conference second-team player after leading the Mustangs with 112 catches for 1,112 yards and six touchdowns as a senior in 2013. In his four years at SMU, Johnson finished with 196 receptions for 1,936 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Johnson, 22, reportedly ran a 4.64 40-yard dash, 6.91 three-cone drill and 4.44 short shuttle at SMU’s pro day in March. He also had a solid performance at February’s College All-Star Bowl.
The Patriots, who on Wednesday released offensive lineman R.J. Mattes, are back at the 90-player roster limit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge