Patriots sign rookie free agent WR Jeremy Johnson
|06.12.14 at 11:01 am ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday the signing of wide receiver Jeremy Johnson, a rookie free agent from SMU.
Johnson, who stands 6 feet, 179 pounds, was an All-American Athletic Conference second-team player after leading the Mustangs with 112 catches for 1,112 yards and six touchdowns as a senior in 2013. In his four years at SMU, Johnson finished with 196 receptions for 1,936 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Johnson, 22, reportedly ran a 4.64 40-yard dash, 6.91 three-cone drill and 4.44 short shuttle at SMU’s pro day in March. He also had a solid performance at February’s College All-Star Bowl.
The Patriots, who on Wednesday released offensive lineman R.J. Mattes, are back at the 90-player roster limit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed