Patriots sign rookie free agent WR Jeremy Johnson
|06.12.14 at 11:01 am ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday the signing of wide receiver Jeremy Johnson, a rookie free agent from SMU.
Johnson, who stands 6 feet, 179 pounds, was an All-American Athletic Conference second-team player after leading the Mustangs with 112 catches for 1,112 yards and six touchdowns as a senior in 2013. In his four years at SMU, Johnson finished with 196 receptions for 1,936 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Johnson, 22, reportedly ran a 4.64 40-yard dash, 6.91 three-cone drill and 4.44 short shuttle at SMU’s pro day in March. He also had a solid performance at February’s College All-Star Bowl.
The Patriots, who on Wednesday released offensive lineman R.J. Mattes, are back at the 90-player roster limit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL