After meeting with Patriots, free agent Kevin Williams signs with Seahawks
|06.13.14 at 6:00 am ET|
The six-time Pro Bowler, who will turn 34 next month, has spent 11 years in the NFL, all with the Vikings. The 6-foot-5, 311-pounder has been pretty durable over the course of his career, as he’s only missed five regular-season games since entering the league in 2003. Williams has 60.5 career sacks, including 8.5 in 2008.
Williams told Sirius XM earlier this week that he had a good meeting with New England coach Bill Belichick, who laid out what his role would be in a Patriots defense. That sit-down came in the wake of an interview where Williams told a reporter the Patriots should “look me up.”
“He went through the roster and basically explained where I could fit in with those guys,” Williams said of his talk with Belichick. “They had a lot of injuries and they have some veteran guys coming off of injuries that play tackle, and I would have a chance to compete for a position there. Either way, we’d have a good rotation, and have a chance to win some games.”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season