Patriots release TE Kyle Auffray
|06.16.14 at 5:24 pm ET|
The Patriots released first-year tight end Kyle Auffray on Monday. Here’s a portion of the statement issued by the team on the move:
Auffray, 27, was signed by the Patriots on June 9. He originally was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as a rookie free agent on May 13, 2013, out of New Hampshire but was released by the team on July 23, 2013. The 6-foot-5, 254-pounder began his collegiate career at Mississippi State from 2006-07 as a quarterback but did not see any game action. He transferred to New Hampshire where he played in 16 games over two seasons. Auffray played in 13 games with seven starts as a senior in 2010 and caught four passes for 34 yards. He also handled punting duties for New Hampshire as a senior, finishing with 71 punts for a 37.7-yards per punt average.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...