Thursday minicamp notes: Rookie Dominique Easley on field working with rest of defensive linemen
|06.19.14 at 12:02 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots held their final minicamp workout before their summer break on Thursday. The practice took place in the bubble, and was held in sweats, T-shirts and helmets. In the 40 minutes the media was allowed to watch, we came away with a few quick notes:
— The following players were not spotted during the media window: wide receiver Aaron Dobson, cornerback Malcolm Butler, cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, wide receiver Wilson Van Hooser, wide receiver Josh Boyce and defensive lineman Armond Armstead were not spotted at the start. In addition, after the media was led out of the practice bubble, quarterback Ryan Mallett, wide receiver Jeremy Gallon and tight end D.J. Williams were working outside as part of a rehab group.
— The defensive linemen were working as a group in the corner of the bubble directly in front of the media, and it was hard not to notice the presence of rookie Dominique Easley, as well as veterans Tommy Kelly, Vince Wilfork and Will Smith all cutting and bursting in a series of footwork drills. All four — who are coming off season-ending injuries last year — appeared to be moving smoothly. As for Easley, the rookie had a long protective sleeve on his leg and was limited in his pre-practice stretching — he sat out some of that work. But he appeared to be moving nicely. It’s a long way between now and the start of the regular season, but Easley appears to be OK.
— The highlight of what we were able to see likely came roughly 20 minutes into the workout, when Wilfork got up to make a nice interception in a defensive drill. He will never be mistaken for Darrelle Revis, but considering the fact that he was coming back from a season-ending Achilles’ injury, it was a positive sight for the New England defense.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...