Patriots sign first-round pick Dominique Easley
|06.23.14 at 2:44 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Monday that they have signed their first-round draft pick, Florida defensive lineman Dominique Easley.
The 22-year-old was selected with the 29th overall pick after playing just three games as a senior for the Gators due to a knee injury. The 6-foot-2, 288-pound Martin finished his Florida career with 81 tackles, 5 1/2 sacks and one fumble recovery in 32 games (26 starts).
The Patriots also announced the signing of rookie free agent Chris Martin, an offensive lineman from Central Florida.
Martin, 24, signed with Texans on May 16 but was released 11 days later. A 6-foot-5, 305-pounder, Martin was named to the All-American Athletic Conference second team as a senior after starting 11 games at right tackle and two at left tackle.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick