Darrelle Revis on Patriots offseason: ‘They work their butts off in New England’
|06.30.14 at 8:45 pm ET|
Although he’s only been a member of the New England Patriots for just over three months, it’s become quite apparent the organization has made a good first impression on their new cornerback Darrelle Revis.
Revis has already openly praised head coach Bill Belichick after once calling him a “jerk” and quarterback Tom Brady following being division rivals from his time with the Jets — now, following the Patriots’ mini camp he’s admiring the organization as a whole on how they operate.
‘They work their butts off in New England,’’ Revis told the Tampa Tribune. ‘As soon as you get into the offseason program, it’s non-stop. They want to be winners. They know what I can bring to the table and at the same time, we want to win. As a Jet, we had a rivalry with (the Patriots) and from the outside looking in, I looked at them differently.
‘We respected them, but you want to beat them. Inside looking out now, I’ve got way more respect because I’m there. I get to see everything, how it operates every day.’’
The 28-year-old said his torn ACL suffered in the opening month of the 2012 season is 100 percent healed after playing through the 2013 season not at full strength, but still earning Pro Bowl honors. Revis said the decision to join the Patriots was based on them giving him a good chance to win.
‘I’m really excited,’’ said Revis. ‘I went down a list of teams where I thought I could win and New England kind of stuck out for me. It’s been great and I can’t wait for training camp.’’
Revis is entering his eighth season in the league and will return to the AFC East after spending just one season in Tampa Bay.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract