Judge allows Aaron Hernandez to switch jails
|07.07.14 at 10:10 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez will be moved from the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth to a jail closer to Boston, a judge ruled Monday.
The former Patriots tight end attended the hearing and gestured to his mother and brother in the courtroom.
Prosecutors revealed last week that they would not object to the request to move Hernandez so that he could be closer to his lawyers. However, they dismissed accusations that Hernandez’s privacy and due process rights were violated by the jail administrator — claims that were not addressed in court Monday.
Bristol County Judge Susan Garsh also said that she was concerned that the tentative trial date of Oct. 6 for the murder of Odin Lloyd is not realistic due to the amount of evidence as well as motions she expects to be filed. She set the next hearing for Aug. 11.
Hernandez also is charged with double-murder for a 2012 shooting in Boston. He has pleaded not guilty.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England