Patriots release WRs Jeremy Johnson, Reese Wiggins
|07.17.14 at 4:47 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they have release wide receivers Jeremy Johnson and Reese Wiggins. The active roster now stands at 87 players.
Here’s a portion of the release issued by the team on the moves:
Johnson, 22, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Southern Methodist on May 27. The 6-foot, 180-pounder, led SMU with 112 receptions for 1,112 yards and six touchdowns as a senior in 2013 and earned All-American Athletic Conference Second Team honors. Johnson finished his four-year college career with 196 receptions for 1,936 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Wiggins, 23, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent from East Carolina on May 27. The 5-foot-11, 185-pounder, earned All-Conference USA Honorable Mention as a senior in 2013 after finishing with 26 receptions for 372 yards and four touchdowns. Wiggins finished his career at East Carolina with 80 receptions for 1,012 yards and eight touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE