Lawyer: It was 34 texts between Bill Belichick and Aaron Hernandez, not 34 pages of texts
|07.18.14 at 8:23 pm ET|
The Patriots issued a statement Friday night via lawyer Andrew Phelan on the report there were 33 pages of texts between Bill Belichick and Aaron Hernandez turned over as part of evidence in the trial of Hernandez.
“Earlier this week, a report indicated that an exchange of text messages between the team’s head coach and Mr. Hernandez totaled 33 pages. While it is unknown how the texts were printed or displayed, I thought it was important to clarify that during an early investigation conducted by state prosecutors, the team produced a total of 34 text messages (not pages of texts) spanning a period of five months (December 2012 ‘ April 2013) between the head coach and Mr. Hernandez.”
Hernandez has been charged with three murders, including one alleged to have occurred in June 2013.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction